Termin:Start:30.03.2017 / 09:00 UhrEnde:02.04.2017 / 18:00 Uhr
- Teilnahmegebühr:ab 0,00 EUR
Registration for an active place in the WMC-Course was possible until 14th February.
In 2016 and 2017 the World Music Contest (WMC) Kerkrade, www.wmc.nl is organizing 9 courses for conductors worldwide. They take place in China, Columbia, Costa Rica, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Singapore and the USA. All the intercontinental courses will include repertoire both for chamber ensemble and wind orchestra.
The course in Germany will take place in Staufen (address see below) and Freiburg 30 March - 2 April 2017. The Course Director, Douglas Bostock (www.douglasbostock.net) will be joined by Johannes Stert (www.johannes-stert.de) as the teaching staff of the course.
Active participation is open to a maximum of 15 conductors of any nationality.
An active candidate should not be older than 39 years of age on 1st January 2017. The number of auditors and their age is unlimited.
The course language is English.
The active participants will be selected from the applications. Selection will be based on submitted CVs and videos. The organisation has the right to admit less than the maximum of 15 active participants.
All participating candidates will receive a certificate after completion of the course.
At the end of the course a maximum of two students will be chosen by Douglas Bostock and Johannes Stert to participate in the International Conductors Course and Competition at the 18th World Music Contest (WMC) in Kerkrade, Netherlands, which will take place from 13 - 19 July 2017. Their selection is binding. Furthermore, a reserve candidate may be selected. The travel expenses and accommodation costs of the participants selected to take part in Kerkrade course will be paid by the WMC.
For more information, please visit:
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- Curriculum vitae (including musical education and experience)
- List of main repertoire conducted
- Video link (do not send DVDs) of the applicant conducting, made during the 12 months prior to the application. Duration 5 - 15 minutes, including frontal footage
Please send applications by mail to email@example.com or by post to:
BDB-Musikakademie, Alois-Schnorr-Strasse 10, 79219 Staufen, Germany.
Registration deadline for the course is 14th February 2017 for active participation. On 20th February 2017 applicants will be informed of the selection.
- Active participants Type A - course fees, accommodation in double room in the Academy (single occupancy available at a surcharge on request) and full board (3 meals daily) €675
- Active participants Type B - course fees, 3 meals daily €635
- Passive participants (auditors) Type A - accommodation in double room in the Academy (single occupancy available at a surcharge on request) and full board (3 meals daily) €350
- Passive participants (auditors) Type B - course fees, 3 meals daily €310
- Passive Participants (auditors) Type C - daily attendance fee, including lunch & dinner €100
The fees for active participants (Types A and B) are due within one week of confirmation of acceptance to the course (24th February 2017). Fees for passive participants (auditors) are due by 15th March 2017.
Antonín Dvorak - Serenade in D minor Op. 44
W. A. Mozart - Gran Partita in B-flat major KV 361/370a (Bärenreiter)
Percy Grainger - Lincolnshire Posy (Ed. Fennell / Ludwig)
Vaclav Nelhybel - Trittico (Belwin)
Paul Hindemith - Symphony in B-flat (Schott)
Participants (active and passive) are required to provide their own scores. Active Participants are required to prepare all scores.
A full symphonic wind orchestra and chamber ensembles will be in residence during the course on all four days.
- 310,00 EUR - Passive part., Type B - course fees, 3 meals daily
- 100,00 EUR - Passive part., Type C - Thursday attendance fee, lunch&d
- 100,00 EUR - Passive part., Type D - Friday attendance fee, lunch&din
- 100,00 EUR - Passive part., Type E - Saturday attendance fee, lunch&d
- 100,00 EUR - Passive part., Type F - Sunday attendance fee, lunch&din
- 0,00 EUR - Metafoor oder C3-Teilnehmer 2017